Program Terms & Conditions
Our Terms & Conditions have updated effective January 1, 2017. Please review and accept them below before continuing with the program.
Please read the following Program terms (the “Terms”). You must accept the Terms in order to register for the Recycle4Charity Recycling Program (the “Program”).
- Credit in The Program will be awarded by R4C to Participant and credited to its account based upon the values established by R4C for qualifying products (herein referred to as "Products"). R4C, in its sole discretion, will determine, at any point in time, which types of Products are qualifying, the credit assigned to the various types of Products, and the monetary equivalent value of each credit awarded under the Program. R4C may change, at any point in time and without prior notice to the Participant, the credit assigned to the various types of Products, the designation of which types of Products qualify, and the monetary value of each credit in the Program. Products can be found at http://recycle4charity.clientrecycling.com.
- Do not send any item other than items listed on the qualifying Products found on http://recycle4charity.clientrecycling.com. R4C will not issue credits for non-qualifying Products and will not return any Products or other items shipped not listed on the qualifying list of Products, as updated from time to time. Products that are on the Buyback List but are damaged at the time of processing are considered non-qualifying. Products that are shipped to the Company are not eligible for return.
- R4C reserves the right to cancel an account, charge a fee, or deduct a recycling fee from your proceeds as follows for non-qualifying product:
- $0.50 per inkjet cartridge or ribbon
- $1.75 per toner cartridge
- $1.75 per toner tube, toner bottle or toner tank
- $1.75 per printer components
- $1.00 per cellphone or small electronic
- If you are using a box that contains a prepaid shipping label from the Company, or have downloaded a prepaid shipping label from the website, the Company reserves the right to deduct $7.50 per box if it contains less than the minimum number of Products per box. The minimum number of Products to ship per box is as follows:
- 20 pounds of items consisting of empty ink and toner cartridges, used fusers, cell phones and small electronic devices; or
- 20 items consisting of empty ink and toner cartridges, used fusers, cell phones and small electronic devices.
The Company reserves the right to charge $4.00 for recycling boxes provided by Company to you that remain unreturned after a period of 1 year. If the Company is picking up pallets of Product at its expense, the Company reserves the right to deduct all freight charges from shipments that contain less than 3 pallets and/or less than 50 Products per pallet.
- Participant must designate a coordinator (the "Coordinator") in order to participate in The Program. Participant's account and credits may be accessed only by means of the username and password of the Coordinator designated for the Participant's account. R4C shall be entitled to rely absolutely and conclusively on all transactions undertaken by means of the username and password of the Participant's Coordinator and all such transactions shall be binding on the participant.
- Product Eligibility – R4C shall determine, in its sole discretion, which products are eligible for purchase and/or recycling. R4C may terminate the eligibility of certain Products at any time without advance notice, but such termination will not affect any Products for which a Participant has already been credited.
- Participant is responsible for taxes, charges or other liabilities related to or resulting from participation in the Program.
- Condition Defined – The value of the Product varies based on age, condition, features and demand for that particular Product. Product condition is determined by R4C, in its sole discretion, when it receives and inspects the Product(s).
- R4C may specify additional provisions pertaining to the Program, including descriptions and details of the Program, throughout this website, and Participant shall be bound by all such additional provisions, descriptions and details; provided, however, that in the event that these Terms conflict with any of the Terms in this Agreement, these Terms shall govern.
- R4C may change these Terms at any time without prior notice and Participant will be bound by all such changes as of the date they appear on this website.
- Either party, without notice, may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason.
- Indemnification –Participant agrees to indemnify and hold R4C harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees, made by any third party arising out of, or related to, Participant’s violation of these Terms or violation of any law, regulation or third-party right.
- Questions and Suggestions – If Participant has any questions or suggestions about the Program, please contact us by mail at:
4200 Columbus Street
Ottawa, IL 61350
General Information – These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Participant and R4C and govern Participant’s use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements between Participant and R4C. These Terms and the relationship between Participant and R4C shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any failure of R4C to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect. Participant agrees that, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services or these Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.